RailAdvice, in collaboration with Atkins Norge, is responsible for Bybanen Utbygging's total safety work for all infrastructure, with a special focus on handling interfaces between entrepreneurs and up to rolling stock.
Our skilled senior consultant Fredrik Schumann engaged in the assignment and has worked with safety / RAMS in several roles at Bybanen since 2002 - for long periods as safety manager / safety chief. Fredrik's long career in these RAMS-related roles, ensures continuity in the documentation from solutions in previous construction stages and established processes. In addition to follow-up, alignment, and preparation of safety documentation for approval of construction phase 4, he also performs work in connection with regulation and design of construction phase 5.
Main tasks in the assignment are:
- Overall security management
- Responsibility for approval of RAMS work according to applicable standards
- Follow-up and control of processes and documentation at entrepreneurs and subcontractors, as well as turnkey contracts
- Detailed follow-up of the safety work of the entrepreneurs for the track signal, including necessary coordination and follow-up with the assessor
- Taking care of and coordination of security-related interfaces
- Coordination of safety-relevant matters with the operating companies, including follow-up of regulations and specifications
- Update of Bybanen Utbygging’s safety management system
- Coordination and communication with the Norwegian Railway authorities (Bybanen AS is a formal applicant, but all work concerning the alignment of safety documentation and applications is carried out by Bybanen Utbygging).