Rail Systems Alliance is responsible for the roll-out of the Melbourne region's new signalling system based on CBTC technology. The project is part of a larger project consisting of a new 9-kilometer-long railway tunnel, with 5 new stations below Melbourne city centre, that also supply CBTC technology for existing lines.
In addition to the new signalling system, the project also delivers platform doors for all stations in the tunnel and CBTC onboard system for 65 new trains. The new signalling system is based on Bombardier's CITYFLO 650 and handles the management and securing traffic with both CBTC-adapted trains and trains without CBTC (so-called mix mode operation).
Our skilled senior consultant Lars Berggren is part of the team that works with system safety and safety approvals. Lars assists primarily with the development of the project's safety program, proof of the project's safety management and in the approval process towards customers, including:
- Planning of safety activity when updating subsystems and for the project's sub-deadlines and rollout phases
- Preparation of generic and specific safety certificates
- Preparation of bow-tie diagram and SFAIRP (So Far As Reasonably Practicable) arguments for the project's top events
- Control and review of technical safety analysis
- Verification of hazard log and safety requirements
Lars was first involved in the project as System Safety Lead in 2020, when he lived in Melbourne.